How to Hire the Best Landscaping Service near Ash Fork Arizona
So your yard is not looking so attractive and you are in need of an affordable landscaping contractor near Ash Fork AZ but have no idea how to find one. And because you take great pride in your home, you need to make sure that you hire the right contractor. Selecting the right landscaper will not only result in a far more appealing yard and garden, but will also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you have your home on the market, any realtor will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The list of services that you have at your disposal can be as limited as having your grass moved once a week to having a landscape architect or designer work their magic on your yard to suit your own sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your bushes need pruning? And during the winter season most landscaping contractors provide snow removal services as well. No matter what you need, picking from among the various local landscaping companies can take a lot of time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not pleased with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to locate highly qualified and reputable landscaping companies near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, we’ll cover how to do your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Ash Fork AZ homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Ash Fork AZ companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
Landscaping Licensing and Certifications
Most states do require that landscaping contractors be licensed. The process for licensing varies by state, but may require the completion of a training course, the passing of an exam, or a minimum period of experience. Some contractors operate without the required licensing and are in danger of being shut down should it come to the attention of the state licensing authority. Since licensed landscapers are also generally required to be bonded and insured, it is for your protection that you should always confirm that the contractor you hire is properly licensed. In addition, there are numerous certifications that landscaping professionals can earn such as those offered by the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) or the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD). Similar to licensing, these certifications typically require the passing of an exam which is often practical in nature, as well as a minimum period of experience in the field. Earning one or more certifications as well as belonging to industry associations are additional ways that Ash Fork AZ landscapers can demonstrate their experience and professionalism to the general public.
Why Hire a Professional Landscaper?
Whether it’s for a specific landscaping project or for seasonal lawn maintenance or snow removal, it’s a good idea to hire a professional. Some homeowners prefer to do it themselves, either to save money or because they enjoy working in the yard. But at some point it may become difficult to find the time, or perhaps some projects are a little too challenging and require the expertise of an experienced landscaper. Whatever the reason, following are a few of the reasons why you should hire a professional Ash Fork AZ landscaping contractor rather than a neighborhood kid or handyman.
- Get Professional Results. When you hire a true professional landscaper, you are guaranteed of professional results. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of their work, they will stand behind their service and make the necessary changes until you are happy.
- They Have the Expertise. Professional landscapers have the experience to handle your project, and many have formal training or have earned one or more certifications.
- Provide the Right Materials. Landscaping professionals will not only provide the proper materials for your project, but can often get them at better prices than are available to the public. Also, they can deliver them to your job site as needed, saving you the hassle of arranging delivery or storage.
- Management. When you hire the right contractors, they will manage your project from start to finish. They will obtain any necessary permits, coordinate with utilities, work with you on designs, order the materials, and manage the work performed.
- Save You Time! Rather than spending your weekends mowing the lawn, trimming bushes, or in the winter shoveling your driveway, your reliable landscaper will handle it for you. Spend the time doing what you like to do instead and still have a great looking yard.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Ash Fork AZ landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Ash Fork AZ landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Ash Fork AZ contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Arizona or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Arizona Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Ash Fork AZ landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Ash Fork AZ area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Ash Fork AZ landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Find Certified Lawn Mowing Services Ash Fork AZ
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out about Find Certified Lawn Mowing Services and getting more information on the topic Find Professional Landscape Companies. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top qualified landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Ash Fork AZ landscaping professional at the right price now!
Other Arizona Landscaped Locations
Ash Fork, Arizona
Geologic places of interest include the Cathedral Caves which are approximately 10 miles (16 km) west of town off Arizona Road, and Dante's Descent, a 275-foot (84 m) deep sinkhole also known as "Devil's Hole", which is approximately five miles northwest of Ash Fork, off of Crookton Road. Unfortunately, after closure by the state, Dante's Descent cannot legally be visited by the public. Pictorial and historic documentation of the natural attraction may be found at the Ash Fork Library.
Ash Fork lies in close proximity to Kaibab National Forest and Coconino National Forest, and international attractions such as the Grand Canyon are approximately an hour's drive away using major roads. Service roads allow swifter access to back areas of Grand Canyon National Park, but may not be open to public thoroughfare.
Approximately 15 miles (24 km) to the north of Ash Fork is Beale Road, which has the distinction of being the first federally funded highway. The internationally renowned U.S. Route 66 also runs directly through the town. Notably, the longest original, uninterrupted stretch of Route 66 still in existence (approximately 9.6 miles (15.4 km) long) can be found between Ash Fork, Arizona, and Seligman, Arizona, beginning just beyond Ash Fork at Crookton Road. The surrounding geographical area and settlements served as inspiration for the 2006 Pixar film Cars.